1. Declare a character based array called letters of ten elements
2. Assign the character value 'Z' to the fourth element of the letters array
letters = 'Z';
3. Use a for loop to total the contents of an integer array called numbers which has five elements. Store the result in an integer called total.
for( loop = 0, total = 0; loop < 5; loop++ ) total = total + numbers[loop];
4. Declare a multidimensioned array of floats called balances having three rows and five columns.
5. Write a for loop to total the contents of the multidimensioned float array balances.
for( row = 0, total = 0; row < 3; row++ ) for( column = 0; column < 5; column++ ) total = total + balances[row][column];
6. Assign the text string "Hello" to the character based array words at declaration time.
static char words = "Hello";
7. Assign the text string "Welcome" to the character based array stuff (not at declaration time)
char stuff; strcpy( stuff, "Welcome" );
8. Use a printf statement to print out the third element of an integer array called totals
printf("%d\n", totals );
9. Use a printf statement to print out the contents of the character array called words
10. Use a scanf statement to read a string of characters into the array words.
11. Write a for loop which will read five characters (use scanf) and deposit them into the character based array words, beginning at element 0.
for( loop = 0; loop < 5; loop++ ) scanf("%c", &words[loop] );
ęCopyright B Brown. 1984-1999. All rights reserved.